Avenues – The World School is a planned international system of private schools for pre-K-12th grades founded on the premise that its parents were partners in building a new community by H. Christopher “Chris” Whittle, an American media & education entrepreneur and chief executive officer of Avenues.
Avenues had a $5 million FF&E budget to furnish the entire building.
With 10 floors and 215,000 square feet, creative solutions were needed in order to achieve the interior designers vision for each of the unique spaces in the school.
Avenues hired The WBG
As a consultant to assist with the design and procurement of all interior furniture and finishes. The end result is that the project was completed on-time and at a total cost of $3 million…$2 million under budget.
Avenues expanded its enrollment at such an accelerated rate that they decided to take additional 50,000 sq ft of space in a building around the corner from the existing building. They moved the entire ELC program over to that building. The project started with a mockup classroom that we built over 2 years ago (see video) and we have just successfully completed all the FF&E and custom solutions for the new spaces.
How do we do it?
- Objectively recommending project strategies without being restricted by brand, manufacturer, design, or any other limitation.
- Acting as liaison and owner’s advocate between all parties involved with a project.
- Applying our specific expertise at the planning and programming stages, when coordination and communication is crucial to a successful project.
- Offering an opportunity of choices that no contractor, architect, builder or project manager can offer.
- Resourcing design in a way that ensures the most value without sacrificing design integrity.
- Managing the entire scope of the project, from start to finish, down to the last detail. There is no problem we will not find a solution for.
- The WBG guarantees complete objectivity by only recommending project strategies and product solutions that are best for the application.
- Explore the case studies below that are prime examples of the unique services and solutions that the Whalen Berez Group brings to any project.